Skype - free video calling
About This App
- Skype to Skype IMs, video and voice calls are free* over 3G or WiFi.
- Make low-cost calls and SMS to mobiles or landlines from your Android.
- Send pictures, videos and files to any of your contacts.
- Enjoy high-quality sound when you call anyone else on Skype.
- Talk face to face or show what you’re seeing with front and rear-facing cameras.
For more information, visit the Skype for Android FAQ page: http://goo.gl/vV9FD.
Due to Android restrictions, devices running Android 2.2 will only be able to use the rear-facing camera. Devices with Android 2.3 or higher will be able to use both front and rear-facing cameras.
If you're using Android 2.2 (Froyo) or greater on a device not listed below, you should still be able to enable video calling within Skype’s settings. Please note that the video call quality may not be as good as on the supported devices below. Your phone will not be able to video call if this setting is unavailable.
* Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
- What's new in the hotfix:
- Fix for start-up issues on Android 2.1
- Fix for occasional white screen
- Fix for video orientation on Galaxy Nexus
- Other bug fixes
- What's new in this version?
- • Send pictures, videos and files
- • Easier to sign out, and auto-sign in
- • Improved look and feel with new graphics
- • Voicemail improvements
- • Better video quality on Tegra 2 devices